Sunday, April 20, 2008

After B comes C

Ok! I know the title would be looked as a something like red umbrella on a summer morning. But its quite apt if you think of it. And I am surely not talking about elementary English or B schools here.

I had been a great follower of the Canadian romantic singer BAD (Bryan Adams). Not that I have stopped listening to his great compositions which start from climbing Empire State to Running the night to get back to the lover. Its just that I have added another flavor of a band called as Coldplay. Some people will say that they don't sing well, I cant agree more for a few songs but the words that they color their songs with are like a blessing in disguise. You can so easily connect with them that you feel like you could have written something similar.

Yellow is one such song. The lyrics give goose bumps difficult to keep to yourself. When I heard the simple yet profound words like 'I drew a line, I drew a line for you,..., and it was all Yellow' I was lost in the beauty of simplicity. The strumming of strings is so evident that you feel the vibrations and if you have seen the video you remember the changing background as the song progresses. Feels like remembering your first morning after somebody said 'Yes' to you, rays entering your window and the warmth they bring on a winter morning. However simple an idea is, if put across better it can surely 'turn into something beautiful'.

Happened to watch the video of 'In my place' today. Again an example of how the band is gaining popularity. Just watching the mellowed Whiteness in the room is so appealing. Clouds walking through the crack of your door, occupying the space, feeling the emptiness with sheer love. The pain in the voice singing 'Crossed lines that I shouldn't have crossed' is as shrilling as the noise of a hammering nail. Something scratching against your window but you like it for the pain it imparts in the evening orange. 'Come back and sing it to me' is what your heart will sing out when the music pauses just before the lines start.

X & Y, is another master-piece, literally. You will say its very painful. Yes it is but the desperation to stop the ticking bomb exploding is evident in the wordings and approach for it is AWESOME. Music again wins hands down. You will have the same feeling of 'Vertigo from U2' just that it wont be as loud. A perfect song on a Sunday morning with nothing but your bike to accompany you. Ok, thanks for reminding me again that I don't have one. :)

Every song gives a feeling of floating in the pool when the rains falling in your eyes. Something like poking ray on a Saturday afternoon, straight through the drapes on the window. I am sure that with every dropping second the fan following of this band is growing leaps and 'Ka-chings'. But they deserve every penny of a sensitive fella on the street. Complete 'Paisa-Vasool'.

PS: Watch the video of 'Don't Panic'.

No comments: