Thursday, November 16, 2006

I am your childhood


Hello.

I am your childhood. I am nothing but your past. I am everything you have even when you dont have me. I am the run you had for a kite that flew with the wind. I am the tree in front of your home whose leaves meant the seasons for you.

I am your childhood. I am the first class and the first friend. I am your first bench which had scribbled names. I am the first prank you played on your dearest friend. I am the first fight you fought for your friend. I am the first smile that sparkled and made your day. I am the first drop of rain which you tried catching in your tender palms. I am the first roar when the lights went off.

I am the first bicycle which gave you another meaning to the word freedom. I am the first call you made with those tiny little fingers to your father to say "I miss you. When would you be back? Get me a chocolate." I am the first adventure you enjoyed with your cousins in the neighbour's garden to steal some mangoes. I am the tiny feet which made you dance on a favourite note.

I am the rich fragrance of a red rose. I am the first thorn that picked on your finger. I am the first staircase where you cried since no one was home. I am the first movie on TV. I am the song of your favourite Spiderman animated series. I am the red bricked dead end of your alley. I am the first rhyme that made your family smile and hug you in return. I am the first slide of a big projector in your neighbours place, while having some serious discussion.

I am the first friend of your new school. I am the first lesson of English. I am your unmoulded self which was all receptive of new stories and experiences. I am the first beating you had from your dad after your first lie. I am your first crush in school. I am the first "Hello" to your would be girlfriend. I am the rowdy side of you which would enjoy running away after bursting crackers on a sleeping dog.

I am your past. I am your present and the future coz I am what you are. I am you.

No comments: