Sunday, November 26, 2006

Beat Goes on


I fall. I swirl around with the bike being my partner as we draw a figure 8 on the road scratching the surface. Screech.... the loud noise.

Rewinding it back. We had a long night and on the way back, I suggested a cuppa tea to help my friend keep himself awake as he rides his Yamaha. We order for three cups and in that chilled out morning, when the clock was ticking at half past 5, it tasted the best tea in my lifetime as I gulp down the first drop of it. I observe as few old men try to ignite the fire with the help of papers. The wood seems to refusing to light up and someone suggests few drops of fuel and it catches fire like sun just got its first ignition kick.

As I gulp down the last sip of the tea, I watch them packing the bags for the journey back. I hurry up and kick start the bike and smile to signal that I am ready. We switch gears and start the back journey. Though tired I feel delighted by the roar of the engine and the beautiful road I conquered. Every minute I feel happy for the time we had, must be the best one in my lifetime.

I fall. I swirl around with the bike being my partner as we draw a figure 8 on the road scratching the surface. The bike refuses to let go its power and I start rolling in a fashion I never thought I could ever do. I can see the details which I see in a speed of 45 kmph. I can see the other bike going away and only thing I can do is try and control my swirling. I feel a numbness in myself and thoughts give up as if the source is gone, like a power controller switched off.

I see two strangers running in my direction and see a concern on their face as I settle down and take a look at the bike. It has been badly bruised. The tea has shown its effect and otherwise I would have been wide awake. I get up and press the clutch and the gear but it does not work, so I press the clutch and drag the bike on one of the banks of the road. I feel my vision blurred, head trying to calculate the next steps and then I hear a voice. "Are you OK?", a funny question for the situation I think. I nod and they start blaming the government for ill-maintained road. I ask for water in the most bleak voice and drink from the bottle they handed over. I gulp down a few drops and feel like giving up. I try to gather myself but then comes a sudden pain and I vomit as I feel myself losing my vision again. I feel breathless and cant gulp down the saliva. I feel like this is what people go through before they lose it all.

I observe my torn jeans, a scared hand and a badly bruised ego. I feel like I cannot move and have lost all the reserve energy. I wait patiently as a few drops wait in my eyes and then I see them returning back. He stands by the bike worried and she looks at me with a big concern. I say I am sorry for spoiling the trip. She says its all fine and its over. I hug her and feel her shivering as she tries to clear the dust and dirt from my wounds. She gives me another hug as I feel happy for surviving first of my accidents with few dents here and there. She says don't worry and I say it will go on forever in my mind.

1 comment:

NDEO said...

A truly different experience which had me in a soup...but enjoyed it a lot!!