Thursday, November 09, 2006

Arms Wide Open


It was just another bump on the "dirt-kart" racing Mumbai road. The radio channel was buzzing in the background with a small disturbance now and again playing the latest track from Golmaal. The road has become more dustier which engulfs the morning myst like a Black Satan spreading its winds. Hell with it!!!

A new page which I have been waiting for that morning. The book cover reads "Fish Omnibus". I just love the simplicity and the yellow color the cover carries. It reflects the calmness of the blue ocean. I search for the page which has a turned corner and I have a sparkle of a child's eye as I start revising the last page I had read before one week!!

It says that the first stage of any journey is defined by the Attitude. A person has choices always. Even I have many. To return to the last Linkin Park video or continue measuring the words on this "alive page" or I can just stare in nothingness or think about the next deadline. Hey, why not take a great attitude with a proper choice. I will emerge a winner only when I think I can. I will reach the top of the fort when I climb the last rusted step. I can see the victory flag waiting for me only if I believe that it is there for me.

I love the positive aura people, books or nature beam out. It makes me think how can a brave young boy be a terrorist if he has had so many sources to pick the best from. He could have selected to be a pilot with the amount of focus he carries or may be a modest son earning for his family. Well there are many cirumstances that lead to death of his dreams. They carry a lot of importance since they are the turning point of his new begining. A new path will enfold all the secrets only when one walks towards it.

I remember the scene from the movie Motorcycle Diaries when the hero and his friend set for a ride around the South America and then their path change. Only for the ride they had taken, only for the hardships, hunger and fun they had faced did their life change.

A coffee vending machine stands there for you. Its you who has to decide whether to gulp two cups or just leave the cafeteria. Do you welcome choice with your "Arms wide Open"?

No comments: