Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Time for Introspection

I remember that I had mentioned in the second post of this blog about my feelings last year about 15th Aug and 59 years of independence. I was rather blatant in saying that corporate sector had a big role and so did the government.

Now after a year has passed and I see that how wrong I was. It’s not for the corporate sector and government to improve situations around for public but for the public itself to identify their hidden talent and improve them. This would serve two purposes. Firstly, this would shift the decision making power from absolute zero to more responsible people. Secondly, it would give more confidence to people working on it and make them aware of their strengths and areas of improvement.

Having said this, how much have I worked for social upbringing? I could have gone and taught at least one child and made him ready for the future, so that he would take care of his family. Or I could have helped people in arranging for the medicines required by collecting money from those acquaintances who would be on the other side. I could have done so many things. I hope I do it now since I realize the importance of it.

No comments: