Friday, August 24, 2007

Smiles and Shades


When the stars fade with time

and the trees shed their leaves

When the roads get painful

and the fingers last to curl around


When the rivers sing their stories

and the drops bring freedom

When the clouds break the barriers

and the moon peep through them


When the heart skips a beat

and I miss you like never before

Just say you will be there

and smile for me


When the eyes stop pondering

in the distance for anyone

and they just want your sight

before time knocks the door


When names lose their importance

and faces are your reminders

When the love is only feeling

I have deep within, hold me tight.

5 comments:

Traveller said...

Only if words were capable of...

Enakshi said...

Nice poem...if you've written it, I can only say, that you must have felt it.

I hope that the person addressed reciprocates in kind.

I came across a poem in a blog...and really liked it. Seeing that you believe in old age, nostalgia and reminiscing about the past....I am sharing the same with you...

"Across the fields of yesterday,
He sometimes comes to me,
A little lad just back from play,
The boy I used to be.

He looks at me so wistfully,
When once he's crept within,
It is as if he hoped to see
The man I might have been."

- by Thomas S. Jones, Sr.

NDEO said...

Hey 'Enakshi'.

Yes I have written that poem...glad you liked it..

The poem added to your post is simply superb...many things conveyed in just few strokes...Crosses the realms of regularities in life.

Thanks for sharing something so beautiful!!! Keep visiting!!!

NDEO said...

Well 'Traveller' words can simply hint towards the flower but the color and fragrance is yours to be explored.

If Only...need to watch that movie too.... :)

ChickyBabe said...

You've captured the feeling well :).