Saturday, March 03, 2007

Walk through the Streets!!!

Its a Sunday morning!! Streets wet and no one else, than dogs, on the streets!! The walk is like discovering a new scattered Pandora of emotions!!

I watch the small barred windows through the red bricked walls. The red color peeling off the bars like pastel colors giving off the colored glass!!! I remember the small fingers curling around them, after a fight with mother unless she would come and lift the little one. He fighting not to leave and she fighting to hug him.

The old trees greet the passers by as if old friends!!! Their leaves flashing, hanging and signifying life in different shades!! Their bark getting bigger as my Grandpa's belly. I remember my Grandma shouting and teasing him for the big tummy. She would invain try to wake him and force him for walk and catch him after two days eating "Chat" around the corner. A great relation, like old pickle.

The falling wall of my neighbourhood home has been a regular feature now. Even my friends have stopped questioning if someone stays there!! I remember the kids running, climbing the stairs of that old mansion. That place had my favorite hiding place. A place that would give me the guarantee that I would be the last one found in the game!! A great companion during the not-so-good moments. I wonder what will happen to it and how it has managed surviving without me?

The blind curve at the end of the street was like a spot from where we would leave hands and walk like good kids. Off course we were good and all but holding hands is still a No-No with elder ones around. The touch that I would crave through out the day just to be with for few moments. The pinches that my hands would have to suffer when she saw me feasting otherwise!!! You know what I mean :) . All those daily talks, smiles, fights and small things which would mean the world are a passe now!!

Streets are much more than the roads that join one place to other. They are the place where you can easily spot your childhood when you see a dad picking his son when he has fallen down, a girl taking a breath after a continuous talk with her mother. Time goes by but what remains are the beautiful memories. An inseparable part of being what I am !! So happy to have all of them for existence!!

2 comments:

Traveller said...

Life like that...

I remember when I was as young as 6 or 7... I still remember the house, I remember the street where I lived... Across the corner there was an old house with a big old tree (i dont remember the name).. Some yellow tiny cones used to fall from the tree... years later I had a couple of similar trees in my school where I studied for good 10 years...
Old people and their chemistry.... Someday we will be old and our grandchildren will talk about our habits... our blogs may be ...
I remember Playing cricket on the street... I remember jumping inside the garage to get the ball...

I remember Bluffmaster's Gateway scene... Boman Irani tells AB Jr the story how he taught bicycle riding to her daughter and relived the moment... Life comes back... to give us those old moments, set up on a different stage, new names, same old Feelings... Live On! :)

Mad Scientist said...

the blog is a very good illustration of all our lives. majority of us can relate to the depicted nostalgia. each crystal of memory radiates the essence of the past, energsing the present with the past vigour.