Friday, July 20, 2007

Dreams...


I was walking on the cleanest beaches that my life could offer. It had been a sunny day, just another sunny day. I was watching at the lone, pure and untouched grains of sand; life was so much simple and beautiful in the mind of the grains, I thought. I could feel the grains kissing my bare feet as I walked and get picked up and displaced, shining and happy. The view that location had to offer was the best my human eyes had ever witnessed. I was holding hands of the crazy, kiddish wind as it danced its way, touching all corners of me inside out.


I bent down. Why? I saw an ugly rock dropped on that soft sand. Was wondering what was the destiny of that rock and what had brought it here. May be just another kid who threw it here or a lover had thrown it in the ocean while competing and laughing with his lover and the surfy waves just got it here. It was just lying there on that sunny day, as if this is what it always wanted to do. Just be there and stare around or be itself.


It was an ugly ovular but not oval, circular but not round kind of thing. Hope you got what I want to convey here. I felt it with my fingers and it was rough on the surface and smoother on the corners. My eyes gazed the details it had to offer. There were serrations, mountains and valleys, some moon craters and some pimples on a beautiful face. It smiled back at me.


I was falling in love with the moment and that stone. I looked around and was astonished about my luck and couldn't believe what I had just seen. There was a pearl lying on the sand, waiting for the observer; since people just are so lost that they don't look at the things closest till they are lost. I walked towards it and observed the curves, shine and the beauty of that pearl. I liked it for the first few moments. It had its own story to tell.


"Which one would you pick? An ugly stone or the pearl?" asked the fairy mother.


Another instant in life which would be termed as perfect, I thought. I looked straight at her deep eyes and just enjoyed that sight for a moment. Coming back to senses I thought about the choices.


"If only life was so simple and choices so easy to pluck. I would rather walk now." I replied smiling as an innocent child.


I looked up. Smiled. Thanked God and kept walking. I slided my hand in the left pocket and I was shocked to find the ugly love of mine. I smiled as I rubbed my eyes and got up.

4 comments:

Mad Scientist said...

pearls are residents of oyster shells in shallow water..not denizens of the beach. a rock might be a stranger on sand, but yes..these rocks over the years are broken into grains of sand by the beating of the waves..and then grains of the rock now sand enter oyster shells to give many more pearls..dude u kept the right thing

Traveller said...

That is Genious... Aaaa.. No.. Genious is too rational... I will say that is Wonderful, beautiful and "ugly" may be ;)

I learnt it in a class last week... "Nothing is beautiful or ugly by itself. We perceive things the way we want them to be"
It is from some old Sanskrut Scripture... Sounds "beautiful" :)

Choice.. Why Do we always have to make choices... I mean why to chose... I chose not to chose.. Ain't that fair? After all it is my choice, our choice, everyone's individual choice...

I love the concept of Keep Walking (No Johnie Walker Please).. And Yes.. Enjoy Every Step :)

ChickyBabe said...

Ugly is a matter of perspective. Some people can see beyond the exterior.

NDEO said...

Hey thanks all for the comment...

ChickyBabe thanks for dropping by...